From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Jeff Moorehead
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 5:21 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Titanium pot scorching

I'm trying to develop a meal system based on rehydrating a dinner and then
simply heating up the mixture. The savings in time, fuel, and trail effort
should be well worth the effort of cooking, dehydrating, and vacuum
packaging these meals now. I am trying each dish out by rehydrating and
heating it up on my alcohol stove, but I am having a hard time avoiding the
typical scorching that comes from use of titanium pots. It scorches so
easily I am thinking of using something like a scorching pad. Given how hard
it is to make an alcohol stove truly simmer, has anyone managed to solve the
scorching problem?