[pct-l] Gossamer Gear

I noticed in the latest Gossamer  Gear newsletter that they are moving
operations to Texas from California.   Glen was even thinking of shutting down
operations permanently, but decided on  the Texas option.

Glad I bought a lot of good gear  from them.  It is so hard for the small
operators to survive.  That is  why we should make sure we support their products
if it fits our gear  needs.  The big boys need to make things bullet proof,
read that heavy, to  keep returns down.  They sell thousands of each product
and have to have a  different approach to product development and materials.
That is okay for  some things, but making your own gear and buying from cutting
edge small  operators is neat.

I know you would be interested in  this too.  I am now using the Gossamer
Gear SpinnTwin tarp (9 ounces)  as a ground cloth for my bug shelter.  The bug
shelter (7 ounces) is just  their Bug Canopy, but with some added bug netting to
cover all of my sleeping  bag.  It the weather turns bad I will just deploy
the tarp using my 3 ounce  (each) hiking poles.  I figure 97.563% of the time
the tarp will be used as  a ground cloth only.  This is only an estimate.  :-)

Another big news item I know you  are dying to be updated on.  My custom made
Nanutak down sweater (cut to  parka length) is in sewing and hopefully will
be sent to me soon.  This  will be unbelievably useful to me when I get it and
will solve some longtime  irritations.

Cheers, Switchback
Hiker Trash & Trail  Lurker