[pct-l] celebrities on the trail

     and I think it's kind of cool
that Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas
thru-hiked the AT (before he was a judge of course).
Now there's a wilderness area named after him on the
PCT, if my memory serves me correctly.

  William.O.Douglas was a lifelong hiker. Not only did he through hike while a Supreme court justice, he was an early champion of the P.C.T.(and other long trails,like the b&o canal).The wilderness area named after him,is near mt.Rainier and his home at goose prarie,and includes some of his favorite trails.Ive met quite a few oldtimers here in washington,that have told me stories about running in to him on trail.
I  met flyin brian during his triple crown hike, around grieder creek in northern california. He seemed somewhat suprised to be reconized,and even more suprised when i told him i had one of his dads cat can stoves. if someone breaks his record by about 20 minutes,sorry it`s my fault. rob

Yahoo! Shopping