[pct-l] Charged up by Squeaky

Wow, what an inspiring story, makes me want to go out and try something that seems impossible! As if just doing the PCT won't be enough of a challenge - I hate being cold and wet! It seems that so many of the hiking "firsts" have already been done and there is no way that I can set any speed records at my age, especially with Squeaky burning up the trails. I think I will try for the "oldest" records. Let's see.... the oldest person to do a yo-yo on the PCT. Maybe I can join that buff hiker gal that is going to do it to win the $50 and dinner with Switchback! That will give me someone to try to keep up with and company on the way back south. Of course there is also the problem that I have already bought a round trip ticket to the U.S., the return date to Peru is Oct. 3rd. Looks like I will have to think about speed after all. At 40 miles a day it should only take 4 1/2 months! I can even add in 15 zero days. Oh well, its fun to dream.

  Vic
  Not over the hill yet but I can see it

Check out my blog for photos and stories of my adventures in Peru:
http://spaces.msn.com/members/vichanson/

Yahoo! Shopping