[pct-l] Hot Springs on and near the PCT

Scott Koth sent me this link. It does not look like it has been posted to the PCT-L on the hot springs topic yet, so here it is with thankx to Scott

http://www.acme.com/jef/hotsprings/

Chance

Chai Guy <chaiguy@gmail.com> wrote: Hello,

I know that for me, nothing beats a nice soak in a hot spring to
recharge my weary bones while on the trail. Where would you rather
spend a zero day anyway? Sitting in some dinky motel room, or soaking
under the stars?

Unfortunately, I haven't found much info re: hot springs in any of the
guides (don't have Yogi's yet so maybe they're in there?) Anyway,
thought I would post the ones that I did find. Please add to these if
you know of more springs on the PCT (or within reasonable hitching
distances) or have more complete information on the ones posted below.
Any first hand accounts would be wonderful.

I have thus far been unable to identify some of the springs locations
in re: to the PCT, so any help in that area (i.e. in determining
distance/routes to the trail) would also be very appreciated.

I look forward to soaking with you all in 2006.

California
Warner Springs (a private resort), Warmer Springs, California
located directly on the PCT
http://www.warnersprings.com

Deep Creek Hot Springs, San Bernadino, California
located directly on the PCT, north of Big Bear City, California (not
sure exact mileage yet)
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/recreation/deepcreek/index.shtml

Mono Hot Springs (private resort), Mono Hot Springs, California
Approximately 7 miles hitchhiking off trail
http://www.monohotsprings.com/health.html

Remington & Miracle Springs, Lake Isabella, California
Distance to PCT unknown at this time
http://www.kernvalley.com/news/hotsprng.htm
http://www.angelfire.com/or/bonnyscotland/miracle.html

Oregon

Jackson Hot Springs (Private), near Ashlan, Oregon
Not far off trail, exact location unknown at this time.
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?qn=y&s=25&size=s&lat=42.221&lon=-122.742
http://passport2ashland.com/article_161.html

breiten bush hot springs, Willamette National Forest, Oregon
location from PCT still undetermined
http://www.breitenbush.com/index.html

Bagby Hot Springs, Mt. Hood National Forest , Oregon
location from PCT still undetermined
http://www.nwhotsprings.net/bagby.htm

Mccredie Hot Springs, Oakridge, Oregon
location from PCT still undetermined
http://www.nwhotsprings.net/mccredie.htm

Washington

Sulphur Creek Hot Springs, Glacier Peak Wilderness, Washington
Location from PCT still undetermined
http://www.wta.org/~wta/cgi-bin/wtaweb.pl?3+tg+fetch+english+1110

Kennedy Hot Springs, Glacier Peak Wilderness, Washington
1.8 miles off the PCT
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/recreation/activities/trails/drd/drd_0639.htm
http://www.nwhotsprings.net/kennedy.htm

Goldmyer Hot Springs, near North Bend in the Cascades, Washington
13 miles off trail
http://www.goldmyer.org/
http://www.nwhotsprings.net/goldmyer.htm

Map of Geothermal Activity in North America
http://map.ngdc.noaa.gov/website/seg/hot_springs/viewer.htm