[pct-l] winter JMT travel

> The Late Galen Rowell ... and his wife died a few years ago in a plane
> crash at Mammoth Lakes airport when returning from a photo flight over
> the Sierra.

It was actually in the early morning hours of 11 August 2002 when Galen
Rowell, his wife Barbara Cushman Rowell, the Life Flight plane's owner
and pilot, Tom Reid, and a passenger, Carol McAfee, were killed in a
crash while making their final approach to the airport at Bishop, CA.
The Rowells were returning to their Bishop home after circumnavigating
the Bering Sea. Along with their many accomplishments as adventure
photographers, Galen was also a special board member of our Sierra
Nevada Bighorn Sheep Foundation.

> ...the correct date issue of NatGeoMag for Galen's story of skiing the
> JMT.

You're right, it was  "The John Muir Trail: Along the High, Wild
Sierra",  April 1989  pp. 466-493.

Campy