[pct-l] winter JMT travel

Have any of you ever snowshoed or x-country skied long
sections of the JMT in winter?  That's how I'm
planning on spending my winter break off of school,
and I'm kind of curious how much I'll be wallowing up
to my waist in fresh powder struggling to make it 3
miles in a day and/or getting killed by an avalanche.

thanks,
the Onion
^^
The Late Galen Rowell skied the full JMT during a dry winter in Feb in the
late 1980s.  The adventure was written up with incredible photos in the
National Geographic, maybe the 4/1989 issue. Galen was a prot?g? of Ansel
Adams, and his adventure photography was incredible. He and his wife died a
few years ago in a plane crash at Mammoth Lakes airport when returning from
a photo flight over the Sierra. Maybe someone on the list has the correct
date issue of NatGeoMag for Galen's story of skiing the JMT. Traveling on
the JMT in winter requires a lot of winter experience, and wilderness
wisdom. ""and/or getting killed by an avalanche." is a possibility.