[pct-l] METRICS WEIGHTS

----- Original Message -----
From: <csx@schizoaffective.org>
To: "Norma Ruiz" <n.ruiz@verizon.net>
Cc: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 9:04 PM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] METRICS WEIGHTS

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:43:45 -0700, "Norma Ruiz" <n.ruiz@verizon.net> had
this
to say:

It's a shame that we are so backwards and out of step with the rest of the
world
in the United States.  We are as bad as England where they use their own
measurements such as Gallons and Pints and Stones.
==================
Your way out of date. In the UK all liquids are now sold in metric with the
the one exception of draught beer in pubs.
All products are sold by metric weight and have been for some years. Its
illegal to do other wise.
==================

The UK also foolishly did not switch to the Euro but kept their British
Pounds.  They have seen their
currency lose value against the Euro and the Euro is now worth more  then
the
English Pound.
Today there are 1.65 Euros to the Pound Stirling.
Countries using the Euro.....

Germany 10% unemployment, 1% anaual growth
France 8% unemployment, 1.2% anual growth
Italy 11% unemployment. 1.1% anual growth

UK 2% unemployment 2.5% annaul growth

Make your own judgement