[pct-l] METRICS WEIGHTS

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:43:45 -0700, "Norma Ruiz" <n.ruiz@verizon.net> had this
to say:

>JoAnn,your my kind of girl,I did concrete all my life and dealed in yards ,feet,inches,tons,I am 64 and not ashamed of it,matter fo fact I am very proud of it,I can look at a distance,and cant figure how far,how close,I once knew a man that could measure an amout of bricks,by simple useing his hands as a measureing device,and accurate,very accurate,not even a tape measure,why would you want to make a judgement in inches,feet, Lbs,onces,then convert them into Metric?????.its easyer to say 4 of those weigh a Lbs,or .the average floor to ceilling is 7 ',the average  door opening is 32 ",the average table to from the floor is 31",and stairs measures 11"deep and 7"high,any thing alse ,you loose your step,Metric ????? the "Bulltaco"

It's a shame that we are so backwards and out of step with the rest of the world
in the United States.  We are as bad as England where they use their own
measurements such as Gallons and Pints and Stones.  Yes English pints and
gallons are bigger then United States Pints and Gallons.  The UK also foolishly
did not switch to the Euro but kept their British Pounds.  They have seen their
currency lose value against the Euro and the Euro is now worth more  then the
English Pound.

The worst part of it is that many of us seem to be pound of being backwards and
out of step with the rest of the world.  Our school children are at a great
disadvantage in the global economy because of this too.