[pct-l] fording the White River??

On Oct 22, 2005, at 4:32 PM, Robert Ellinwood wrote:
> Lookout(Connie)...  but also anyone who's been there,
>
> Going north on the Glacier Peak relo, after descending Indian
> Creek, is it
> possible to wade the White River right there, w/o dipping south to the
> bridge in a few miles?  I realize conditions and how early/late in the
> summer would determine a lot.

It is possible.  I spoke with two groups of hikers who had done that.
I was alone at that point and so stayed on the trail.  I wouldn't
recommend going off trail to ford by yourself.  I think the
biggest problem was finding a way through the heavy vegetation,
not crossing the river itself.

Check the archives, I believe someone posted to PCT-L not too long ago
a very explicit description of strategy for doing the ford at Indian
Creek.