From: Mike Saenz <msaenz@mve-architects.com>
Sent: Aug 18, 2005 11:14 AM
To: Randy Forsland <randy_forsland@hotmail.com>, pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net,
	bearvault <sales@bearvault.com>
Subject: RE: [BULK] - Fw: [pct-l] Manufacturer BearVault comments

Well...Injection Mould Manufacturing isn't a precise process.
If it was, the space shuttle would be made from it...

Perhaps you'd rather the BV be manufactured from spun titanium?
I'm not an expert, but I imagine the cost and weight could be
affected...

Considering the meticulousness we catalog weights, plan supply drops,
calculate calorie intake and mileage ratios and water consumption, I've
got to believe the average backpacker on this list can handle a little
expert instruction on how to keep something like a bear can functional.

I'll be seeing my BV for the first time the day I head out to Cedar
Grove in two weeks. If my lid is defective, I'll follow the directions
from BV to ensure I keep my food safe, then I'll contact BV to see about
getting a replacement lid. I can deal with that.

Michael Saenz, Associate Partner
McLarand    Vasquez    Emsiek   &   Partners,   Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e  |  P l a n n i n g  |  I n t e r i o r s
MVE       MVE    Institutional       MVP    International
w  w  w   .   m  v  e   -   a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s   .   c  o m