[pct-l] Trail Gorilla Work near PCT/Kern Plateau

Hi Ken,

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 kmurray@pol.net wrote:

> Here is the rub:  The Dept of the Interior (Park Service) has defined
> "minimum requirements" as being chainsaws.  The Dept of Agriculture (USFS)
> has defined it as hand saws.

Last fall in Sequoia NP a two man crew cleared the trail while
leapfrogging with us. They had a chainsaw - and there were only three
downed trees - but I found this very impressive.

I don't mind downed trees as much as I mind some of the extremely dense
bush I have encountered. Chainsaws and dynamite are fine with me if needed
to keep trails in order.

Ilja.