Chainsaws in NPS wilderness RE: [pct-l] Trail Gorilla Work near PCT/Kern Plateau

In 1997 I heard chainsaws being used on the west end of Sandy Meadow, well
away from the trail. I asked the ranger at Crabtree Meadow about it. He said
they were clearing the trail. I said they were way away from the trail. He
said it was a different trail. I questioned that, knowing there are no other
maintained trails there. He did not elaborate.

AsABat