[pct-l] Urgent request for alternatives to John Muir Trail - 3 Scots need advice

Hi,
 I agree with the others; no need to change plans. My girlfriend and I are
starting the 24th and everything I'm hearing these days sounds encouraging.
We were in the sierras a few weeks ago and there was snow, but it was going
away fast and the air felt like summer. It's kind of fun to crunch through
snow when it's eighty degrees out (as long as it's early enough in the day
that you don't punch through).
Worst case, you can always hike out one of the escape routes and hitch to
another section of the trail.
 Have a great trip!