[pct-l] Why I boycotted the ADZPCTKO; Thoughts... ; Let's pull it together people

Sad to say, but I am greatly disappointed regarding this thread and its many
offshoots!  Some ideas regarding the growth problem have been brought forward
that are worthy of DISCUSSION.  But apparently it is not worthy enough to some
("Yawn" and "YAWN")...

I was really looking forward to meeting certain people long involved with the PCT
sometime down the road whenever I thru-hike the PCT, but...  I'm now not so sure
I want to waste my time with some of them, me being such a little, unknowing
person since I have not "thru-hiked" the PCT yet - I would surely be lost in their
giant shadows...

No, I am NOT a "thru-hiker" as yet, but I HAVE done long-distance hikes of up to
11 weeks (just not for many years!).  Many of those hikes were in current PCT
areas before there was an established trail.  There were no guide books, water
caches, trail angel hostels or services, 'Ray Way' spawned ultralight philosophy,
and no internet resources for help!  But, that is not good enough - I'm not yet
a "thru-hiker" and therefore my opinion is not worthy...  "YAWN" may not have
been intended for me directly, but I take it as a cut, a flame, pure disrespect...

I have a great deal of respect for anyone that has thru-hiked the PCT...  it is a
great accomplishment.  But I am having trouble retaining that respect for those
that flippantly cast aside the opinions of others, especially if those others are
not "thru-hikers"...

As I told someone offlist - in today's society too many people really don't LISTEN
to (or READ) everything someone else says (or writes)...  they only hear (or see)
what they WANT to...  and then react (or overreact) to it.  Our society is starting to
misuse the "bad politics" almost everyone condemns - one liners, sound bites,
excerpts taken out of context, etc., etc.  It really is a SHAME that there can't be a
reasonable discussion on this list...

I will continue to scan the pct-l archive and possibly respond to a few posts offlist, but after I make one last post regarding sharing copies of Weathercarrot's DVD, I'm done with posting to the pct-l...  But no loss, right?  After all, I'm not a
thru-hiker...  (YET!!)

Donna - when I go through Agua Dulce, I will be knocking on your door whether you are open or not (but I'm sure you still will be!).

Trying to remain optimistic...  Here is one last "Happy trails!!!" (sincerely, really!)

But 'YAWN to you too' for those that didn't get this far...