[pct-l] Re: Hyponatremia

  The NPS at Grand Canyon has been dealing with this
for a very long time.  Check out their advice at

http://www.nps.gov/grca/grandcanyon/dayhike/smart.htm

There is another related and more thorough article at

http://www.gcrg.org/bqr/14-1/hypo.html

I will add my own personal advice to NOT drink
electrolytes (like Gookinaid or Gatorade) on a regular
basic if you are not exerting yourself.  I developed
the only kidney stone I have ever had this way.  I
started every morning at home with a glass of
electrolyte (over several months) whether I was
exercising that day or not.  One stone incident is
punishment enough for this kind of dumb behavior...

Alan