[pct-l] thru-hiking with dogs.

Unfortunately there are always those who will abuse any priviledge. But, the
law is quite clear, no questioning is allowed once the dog has been
declared.

In my mind, education is always better than ranting.

To make this trail related, I do volunteer work for the Mt Hood National
forest, sometimes on the PCT. We recently had a training day and made a
contact with a person who had a dog off lead. Dogs aren't required to be
on-lead but we do talk to people about their dogs, more of an education type
thing. There was a woman hiking without a lead on her dog and she was
extremely rude to us just for asking if we could talk to her about dogs. She
was hiking with a Search and Rescue dog. At that point we shut  up and bowed
out.

Seems to me she could have at least been civil.

Carolyn Eddy
"Sweet Goat Mama"
www.goattracksmagazine.com