[pct-l] Eyewear and South bounders

I didn't see a lot of response to the eyewear questions, so I'll pop in. I'm
not a thruhiker, but do spend a lot of weekends and a few weeks on the
trail. I originally got contact lens because I was tired of rain and sweat
blocking my view through my glasses. Contacts are so much nicer in these
conditions, besides providing better peripheral vision.

I later had no choice but to use rigid gas permeable lenses, as nothing else
would correct my vision. (Hence my trail name AsABat.) I later had cornea
transplants, and can now use glasses again, but still find contacts much
more pleasant during a day on the trail.

I don't have much trouble caring for them. I do try to remove them before
dark if possible, just because it makes cleaning them easier. I carry
glasses to use at night. Just a bit of water, and sometimes Purell, cleans
my hands. A quarter of a washcloth is handy for this.

Some ultralighters will suggest that Lasik will save you from carrying the
weight of glasses or contact solution. That is not really an option for me.
My eyes have been through enough already.

AsABat