  From: Annemarie<mailto:annemari@inreach.com>
  To: RICHARD MC KEON<mailto:tlh858@msn.com>
  Cc: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net<mailto:pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net> ; Jack W. McKeon Sr.<mailto:jackmckeon_sr_@hotmail.com>
  Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 9:40 AM
  Subject: Re: [pct-l] Kennedy Meadows hiking north

  Hi Rick,

  Last summer I got a permit for the exact same trail section faxed to me a
  couple of weeks before my trip from the Forest Service office in Bishop.
  Luckily, the PCT entry point into Golden Trout/South Sierra Wilderness at
  KM does not have a quota so you can pick up a permit for any day anytime.
  Here's a link to the quota info:
  http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/inyo/recreation/wild/quotas.shtml<http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/inyo/recreation/wild/quotas.shtml> (Kennedy Meadows
  is at the bottom).  The phone number and address of the Bishop ranger
  station is listed there.  If you are passing through Bishop, you can pick
  up a permit in person.  If not, they should fax it to you.

  Annemarie (section hiker)
  http://home.inreach.com/annemari/PCT/<http://home.inreach.com/annemari/PCT/>