[pct-l] Kennedy Meadows hiking north

That's interesting -- obviously didn't know, but it makes sense -- thanks.

-=Donna Saufley=-

-----Original Message-----
From: Beau Baker <info@pcta.org>
Sent: Mar 24, 2005 9:26 AM
To: dsaufley@sprynet.com
Cc: tlh858@msn.com
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Kennedy Meadows hiking north

I believe I talked with Richard on the phone. As you may know we issue
permits only for hikes of 500 miles or longer. I believe your hike will
fall well under that. According to our guide books under the permit
section it says hikers will need a permit from Golden Trout Wilderness
and Sequoia National Park for section G which covers up to Mt. Whitney.
For Whitney and beyond the guide book says you can get a permit by
contacting Sequoia and Kings Canyon Nat'l Parks. I've sent along a page
of links that will get you started.

http://www.pcta.org//general/links/parks.asp

Good luck and happy hiking,

Beau 'Puck' Baker
Membership Coordinator
5325 Elkhorn Blvd, #256
Sacramento, CA 95842
Office (916) 349-2109
Fax (916) 349-1268

The mission of the Pacific Crest Trail Association is to protect,
preserve, and promote the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail so as to
reflect its world-class significance for the enjoyment, education and
adventure of hikers and equestrians.