[pct-l] Kennedy Meadows hiking north

Hi Rick,

Last summer I got a permit for the exact same trail section faxed to me a
couple of weeks before my trip from the Forest Service office in Bishop.
Luckily, the PCT entry point into Golden Trout/South Sierra Wilderness at
KM does not have a quota so you can pick up a permit for any day anytime.
Here's a link to the quota info:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/inyo/recreation/wild/quotas.shtml (Kennedy Meadows
is at the bottom).  The phone number and address of the Bishop ranger
station is listed there.  If you are passing through Bishop, you can pick
up a permit in person.  If not, they should fax it to you.

Annemarie (section hiker)
http://home.inreach.com/annemari/PCT/