[pct-l] "Impassable" is a State of Mind...

What a perfect title for Chris Bailey's article on the '98 snow year. I
particularly enjoyed the following paragraph:

"Despite all the mental stress and hard work, the Sierras in ?98 were
indescribably beautiful, vast and awe-inspiring. The physical
hardships, the exhaustion, and the frustrations of constant
route-finding, were rewarded by solitude, by views that few thru-hikers
ever see, and by the reassuring knowledge that we were still heading
north to Canada. We wouldn?t have traded the experience for anything,
and would suggest that future thru-hikers (with adequate skills) at
least consider taking the PCT on its own terms, even when the
conditions are difficult. Not that there?s any "right," "better," or
"best" way to hike the trail, but there is perhaps a little value in
continuity and accepting the challenges of the trail as you find them."

I think that about sums it up.