[pct-l] osprey aether - anyone like this pack

I can't speak for the Osprey, but I'm a HUGE fan of the Gregory Z-pack. I was hesitant at first to go to the G-pack, but I'm very happy with the Z. I like to carry a lot more water than normal, and felt the 30lb restriction would be too much. The G-pack works a lot like the Z-pack, with lots of cinch-straps to pull the whole pack tighter to your torso and to itself. I tried on the G-pack at A-16, and it fit very nicely (which is hard for me to do, since I have a larger-than-normal frame - I'm 6'3" with very broad shoulders). Funny thing though... I should be in a Large, but I got the Medium! Now that I've put some miles in on the Z-pack, I can certainly attest to its comfort and usability. I was a bit confused at first as to the arrangement of pockets, straps, and zippers, but once I became familiar, it was the most useful design I have ever seen.

Cookie

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:36:17 +0000 (UTC)
From: "dude" <dude@fastmail.ca>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] osprey aether - anyone like this pack
To: monterey.cypress@gmail.com
Cc: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net

I own 4 Osprey packs, and one Aether.  I love it!!  however, I own and
older model that its a little lighter than the newer ones.  the newer
ones seems to be significantly heavier. I do really like osprey packs,
though.  they are consistently the most comfortable to me, which is why
I own 4 of them.