[pct-l] water filter/purifier?

>>The Steri-pen looks interesting.
>>How does it work with a Nalgene bottle?

As I understand it, the tip of the Steri-pen, which contains
the bulb and which one inserts in the container of water to
sterilize it, is 1.5" in diameter. As it turns out, this is
too wide to fit inside a Platypus bottle, though of course
would not interfere with a Gatorade-style container or
Nalgene wide-mouth.

I like the Steri-pen as a concept. Not so great is all the
fail-prone technology it depends on. I guess I'm still
waiting for the solar-powered version with titanium bulb
housing and hideaway storage compartment with spare bulb.

- bf