[pct-l] What's your trail name? Is there a story behind it?

My trail name and the story behind it?

Warner Springs Monty

Warner Springs  ............................  +
...................................Monty

names. I wanted to hear what your name was, and if there was a story behind
it.

> I have been dubbed "Cookie" because of my culinary talents both on and
off trail. When we go, I'm always the one putting together the food, and I
do it well. I always consider nutrition, palatability, and simplicity.

> Last summer we did two nights in Angeles Crest. On the second morning I
prepared fried pork loin cutlets and oatmeal for breakfast, both cooked on
my MSR Pocket Rocket. My buddy Camel (another story altogether... if he's
listening, I'll let him tell his tale) was spooning up hot oatmeal. After
three bites, he said "This is good, but I wish I had some sugar on here."
Quick as a flash, I dipped into my epicurial stash and withdrew a couple
packets of raw turbinado sugar (stolen from some coffee joint). In said
stash, I also carried salt, pepper, fresh garlic, and chai tea in film
cannisters. I brought real coffee instead of instant and cooked it
Turkish-style (boiling the grinds and leaving the last few sips so you
don't suck up the grit). Other delights that weekend included gourmet
turkey sausage (a la Trader Joe's), instant pad thai (which was a bitch to
prepare, and I'll NEVER do it again), roasted bell pepper & sausage
omelette (also another thing to NEVER do again - even
>  though
>  it was good) and some chocolate bars for morale-boosters. The
ready-to-eat trail food came in the form of almonds, raisins, and turkey
jerky. Sometime during that weekend, Camel kept wanting to call me "chef",
but it didn't feel as proper as "Cookie." Thus, it stuck.