[pct-l] hitching and The Man...

Conversation between Grumpy and one of the fifteen or
so hikers in the back of his truck, early June 2002.

"Hey Grumpy, isn't it illegal in California to drive
with people in the back of your pickup?"

"Yeah, but the sheriff is four hours away, and he
never comes up here unless someone phones him?"

"So what do you do when you have a real problem that
requires the police?"

"We all carry guns, and we each own our own backhoe."