[pct-l] hitching and The Man...

There's a nasty feud going on in Kennedy Meadows between the owners of the KM General Store and the guy who owns Grumpy Bears.  This past season, some of the hikers were treated to the shouting match when the flatbed showed up to haul hikers to eatery.  Consequently, the shuttle between the store and restaurant is NOT running with the frequency it used to.  The good news is that the Al and Leona at the store have initiated a potluck on weekends, and the locals have let the hikers dine (after the locals have had their fill).

-=Donna Saufley=-

-----Original Message-----
From: Slyatpct@aol.com
Sent: Jan 26, 2005 12:12 PM
To: StoneDancer1@aol.com, pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] hitching and The Man...

In a message dated 1/26/2005 11:50:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
StoneDancer1@aol.com writes:

> It used to be that traveling in the bed of a
> pickup was illegal only for kids under 13 or some such age.  Now it is
> legal, as
> long as the owner has thoughtfully installed seat belts  for  the randon
> thruhiker they pick up. <G>

Someone should tell the owners and thru-hikers that take the "shuttle" from
KM to Grumpy Bears.  Although I don't think it was around the two times I was
there the flatbed trailer ride looked like fun to me.  I'd even be willing to
sign a waiver.

Sly