[pct-l] GPS

That is right.  But, not well marked is different than difficult to follow. In general, you have a trail to work with, and you just need to decide if you are supposed to go left or right on one trail or another.  So, you look at your map. The main exceptions are the Sierra, with all the snow (if you are an expert with the GPS, you might find it helpful for about 80 miles), and in some of the close-to-town areas of SoCal where there are lots and lots of use trails around the towns.  But, even then, just pick a trail and head in the right direction.

Other people might find them more helpful, but I have yet to see the utility of a GPS when a trail is involved.

Suge

Christopher Willett
cwillett@pierce.ctc.edu
www.pierce.ctc.edu/faculty/cwillett