[pct-l] sharing my pain . . . .

I thought I'd share my pain with all my PCT-L buddies.  About 500
miles into my 2004 CDT hike, I had pain in my right foot which I
eventually nick-named "my bulge".  Being the stubborn soul that I
am, I of course kept walking.  I was NOT leaving the trail.  After
finishing the CDT, I had a few appointments with a foot doctor here
at home, and he said three scary words:

Premature Degenerative Osteoarthritis

Big words for:  "your joints are old and overworked."  Ugh.  They're
working on a second pair of orthotics for me.  Hopefully, these
orthotics will fix my old joints.  If not, my doctor said "I may have
to put you in a cast for 6 weeks".  Double ugh.

yogi

www.pcthandbook.com