[pct-l] Palm Springs

In a message dated 1/26/2005 12:44:22 PM Pacific Standard Time, Slyatpct
writes:

> [...]
possible to hook up with the PS  Tramway?>>>>>

Less than a mile east from where the PCT hits I-10 ( Verbenia Overpass),
Highway 111 runs about 15 miles into Palm Springs.  I saw it from a  distance and
there was lots of morning traffic.  To get to the Tramway, you  have to go
about 4 miles up Chino Canyon, which turns off of 111.  I would  think a hitch
up to the tram would not be too difficult.

Alternately, from the PCT, climb to the top of San Jacinto and take the
trail back down to the top of the Tram.... great restaurant!  Take it down  and
hitch into Palm Springs.... then back.

"No Way" Ray  Echols