[pct-l] Cold weather clothes

I agree, John. And here's another possibility for "getting
buff."

>From last week's CDT-L blather:

Fun technique for quickly pre-filtering sediment out of
water prior to treatment: carry a buff.

That's right a buff - the new, Euro-hip stretchy bandanas
sewn into a tube shape. The "AT buff" for instance is a thin
polyester material, amply porous for coarse to medium
pre-filtering.

Anyway, collect all the water in advance within a bladder,
dromedary, or reservoir of your choice. Then treat it on the
fly by simply sliding the buff over an open, empty cookpot,
and pouring water over it. Then pour the pre-filtered water
from the cookpot into a quart bottle and treat.

Caveat - such pre-filtering won't remove small particles
suspended in solution; it won't turn tannic "tea" into Evian
spring water, nor brown stock pond water into Aquafina. And,
IMHO, no way would this, or any method short of
distillation, turn the Colorado into a safe drinking source!
Just think of the power boats on Lake Powell, stirring up
the cow poop from Moab, which landed in the herbicides from
Grand Junction.

- bf

Simblissity Ultralight :: One-of-a-Kind Designs for the
Great Outdoors
www.simblissity.net