[pct-l] Cold weather clothes

>> An experienced ultralighter might carry something like the following wardrobe
the entire distance from Mexico to Canada:
> 1 thin polypro balaclava (wear it under a baseball cap or sun hat for extra
warmth)

I urge you to check out Buffs. These popular headpieces were made popular on
the Survivor TV show. They can be used in all forms of headwear.
http://www.buffusa.com for examples. It is a fabric tube but I have used
them at high elevations to keep my ears and head warm. Lots of colors and
designs. They have styles with a visor and polar fleece. In a pinch you can
use it as a top or bottom while washing clothes!

John Vonhof
http://www.footworkpub.com
Fixing Your Feet: Prevention and Treatments for Athletes, 3rd edition
Subscribe to the free monthly ezine on foot care at my website