[pct-l] My Non-Continuous Thru-Hike

_PCT@DelNorteResort.Com_ (mailto:PCT@DelNorteResort.Com)   writes:

"As the  entry date into the Sierra's is THE variable, maybe the kick-off
party
date should be variable too? "

"This year should be interesting on  that front."

As has been pointed out before, the organizers of the ADZ do not have the
luxury of setting the date for the event later than about 11 months before due
to the reservation issues of Lake Morena park.  The ADZ has become so  popular
and so well attended that, should  the timing of the event not  coordinate
with THE optimum time to start a thru-hike, and, should not as many  aspiring
hikers decide to attend, then that is clearly outside of what we can  control.
Perhaps in heavy Sierra snow years we will have more section hikers and  future
year aspiring hikers attend due to these conditions, i.e. hikers putting  off
a thru-hike to a following or future year due to the heavy snow  conditions.

The ADZ will be held on the last weekend of April regardless of the weather
patterns and will be another great gathering, as was even the case in the year
 that it rained on the event.

Best regards,

Greg "Strider" Hummel