[pct-l] My Non-Continuous Thru-Hike

Yes, some folks feel that a hike is a all or nothing endeavor. Yet another
shade of color for the method in which you hike.

Over the last 6 years the southwest has experienced drought
conditions. So the kick-off party start date hasn't been an issue.

The snow in the Sierra's is the cornerstone of decision. When should I enter the
Sierra's? When should I start my hike?

If you go to the party, plan your hike to accomodate it; extra 0 days, etc.
If it's a normal snow year, that may be 7-14 days or more. In the last few years
folks have been easily starting through the Sierra's during the first few days
of June.

As the entry date into the Sierra's is THE variable, maybe the kick-off party
date should be variable too?

This year should be interesting on that front.

Home     : http://DelNorteResort.Com