[pct-l] re: Groceries Hikers Buy...TP.

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, The Mountain Goat wrote:

> I was woundering what everybody was doing for Toilet Paper (T.P.)
> After reading the Groceries Hikers Buy list... I noticed that it
> said,"Toilet Paper - Single Rolls or they'll steal it from Public
> Restrooms."
>
> I've been saving partial roles of T.P. for a several months now,
> woundering what everyone else did when your talking about 28+/- resupply
> points.
>
> Do you send it to yourself?
> Do you try to buy single roles? Lets not ask the stealing question.
> Are you weight conscious as me, do you take out the middle cardboard center?

When someone first suggested removing the cardboard center roll for
weight, I thought it was a bit obsessive. On the other hand, it does have
another nice advantage. You can put your toilet paper in a Ziplock bag and
pulling the toilet paper from the center instead of the outside. This
allows you to leave the toilet paper in the Ziplock and not risk getting
it wet. If you suffer a week or two of rain, this can be invaluable.

-Karl

Karl "Birdman" Brandt PCT97 LT98
http://people.ucsc.edu/~kbrandt/