From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Marge
Prothman
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 7:37 AM
To: Pct-L
Subject: [pct-l] A What if question

What if this turns out to be a big snow year in the Sierra and people decide
to jump ahead to get out of the snow and then continue on to Canada.  Once
reaching Manning Park they come  back down in late August or September to
finish the section from Kennedy Meadows to where they jumped  ahead onto.

My question how far in California would a person have to jump ahead to?  I
am not familiar with Northern California and wonder where the snow would
stop?
Cheers,

Marge   [The Old Gal]
http://www.prothman.org/marge