[pct-l] A What if question

It would seem that snow conditions up here (I'm in Sac.) could be an issue
also.  Water content is running about 150% above avg. for the area between
Hwy. 108 and Hwy. 80.  A June 15th jump to Sierra City might work.  In bad
years there can be some considerable left over snow around Granite Peak and
Castle Pass (Sections K and L).

I will be hoping for a continuous hike from either direction.  The April 1st
data from Big Horn Plateau will account for at least 60% of my decision to
start from Campo or Manning Park.  The data is generally not published for a
couple of days after the first.  The earliest I will go is from Campo on
April 11th.  The latest start would be from Manning park July 11th.

Subject: [pct-l] A What if question

What if this turns out to be a big snow year in the Sierra and people decide
to jump ahead to get out of the snow and then continue on to Canada.  Once
reaching Manning Park they come  back down in late August or September to
finish the section from Kennedy Meadows to where they jumped  ahead onto.

My question how far in California would a person have to jump ahead to?  I
am not familiar with Northern California and wonder where the snow would
stop?
Cheers,

Marge   [The Old Gal]