[pct-l] RE: JMT Hike questions

I started north from Kennedy Meadows on August 8th last year hiking to
Sierra City. Water was scarce for the first few days, but the mosquitoes
were gone, there wasn't any snow on the passes and water crossing were
easy. I found August to be a wonderful month to hike. I can't comment on
July.
For resupply I think Cottonwood Pass might be a bit soon. I went over
Kearsarge Pass to Independence which was about half way to VVR.

Frank Dumville

Northbound?  We
> are planning 17 days.  If we go North, we are planning on resupplying at
> Horseshoe Meadows CG just south of Cottonwood Pass, and Vermillion
Resort.  Any