4oz flyfishing kit Re: [pct-l] 1 lb flyfishing rig

Hi Jeff,

I would suggest the following setup:

1  Cabelas 10ft graphite panfish pole (3oz, 15 bucks)
20 flies in a pillbox (1oz, 20-30 bucks)
2 leaders (0oz, really! 5 bucks)

Always carry one line wrapped around your straw hat. Setup time is less
than a minute.

So for less than 50 gringo pesos you'll have a tool which is quite
suitable for stalking small goldens in streams. Large Kern river trout
might be a challenge with this rod, I would suggest using the 12 or 14
foot pole (but those are very tricky under trees or bushes!) or a cheap
glass fiber pole.

Now, how do you prepare your trout? I got rather bored with frying them
after a while. Also cleaning the cold pan after using butter is quite a
nasty exercise!

Ilja.