[pct-l] RE: fishing for my 2cents(my fishinggear)

I'll bite:
I use a 7piece fly rod ($39 Bigfive). With a couple knobs I attached at the
base so that i can wrap the flyline like you would the rope at the base of a
flagpole. I use no reel. Just peel off the line and play the fish in.  I can
make a 30 foot cast easy. With the foam pipe insulation to to protect the
rod, flies and pouch it comes to 6 oz.
Oh and the rule of thumb for me. If i have 2#'s of tuna or salmon pouches in
my pack i'll catch plenty of fish, if i'm short of food then not a strike
;-((
Jeff