[pct-l] PCTA and spam

Hi,

since I joined the PCTA I've periodically received advertisements from
other environmental groups (Sierra Club, Redwoods, Save the bay -
whatever!) I joined via credit card on their website. Apparently their
default setting (there is no question asked) was to assume that I really,
really wanted "my address to be shared" with other organizations. I called
the PCTA and they supposedly changed my preference. I still get spamed by
other environmental groups - which I sometimes call and try to opt out
(they are not good at that). I have to spend all this time and find this
f**cking anoying. Does the PCTA believe I should give my money not to
them, but to all those other organizations? Is there a way to stop this?

Ilja.