From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Ilja Friedel
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 11:43 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] PCTA and spam

Hi,

since I joined the PCTA I've periodically received advertisements from
other environmental groups (Sierra Club, Redwoods, Save the bay -
whatever!) I joined via credit card on their website. Apparently their
default setting (there is no question asked) was to assume that I really,
really wanted "my address to be shared" with other organizations.