[pct-l] Bear Cannisters Again

Thought I'd share my experience. When not on the trail we were using
one of our Garcia bear cannisters to store bird seed in an outside
garden shed.  I looked in the shed after a few weeks of neglecting the
yard and noticed scattered seed remains as well as plenty of roof rat
scat. They had chewed a roughly 1 1/4 inch diameter hole thru the
curved edge of the cannister. They had started at the button you push
to open the lid and worked towards the edge of the cannister,
destroying both the lid and cannister.
--
Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/camino2.html