[pct-l] intro

I'm new, and I really like this place. Are there any physical groups and subgroup that're formed here?

I''m trying to get back into and into backpacking.

As I may've said I'm intersted in a 3+ day solitary camping trip. But currently, I'm not ready. I need to fix thingss; I need to repair/replace the zippers on my -20f sleepingbag; I need to repair my backpack injured in a flight and the landing, though it wasn't injured nearly as bad as I, I think the pack to holds stuff is pretty intact, but the frame is bent and contorted. Its a Carribou pack. Can I buy a new backpack frame and put the pack in it, and what might that cost? I also need to learn things before I make the joutney, I need to learn some survival skills I don't know, and refresh the skills I may've forgotten, and for a solitary hike, I feel I need to figure out how to communicate with civilization when/if the need arises, life if I ever for instance break a bone, and that sort of thing. Do cell phones work 10+ miles away from a cell?

I'm not a total hermit, I'm still interested in hiking with people, and that is probably how I'll learn what I need to learn.

Food; there are some interesting packaged foods that can be prepared with fire, not a microwave. Is there any food indigenous to the mountains and forests? And what do I need to know for that? Are there portable drills that can drill for water?

Looking forward to the ensuing discussion.

Kraig