[pct-l] affording a thru-hike

Suge,

You are absoulutely correct.  It was not my intention to claim that one
MUST live in a shack to do a thru-hike, only to point out what works for
some people.  My wife is a school psychologist and has 2+ months off
every summer.  My goal over the next year is setting my life up so I am
financially stable and can have at least that much time off each year.
I think the key is doing what works for you, (the old HYOH). I will
never be a professor, (or rocket scientist ;-) ) but there are still
ways to prioritize my life to be able to do a thru hike and other
equally monumental adventures.  For some it's doing contract work in
high-tech , for others it's being a carpenter & living frugally in a
cabin in the woods.  For me it's somewhere in between!

David
david@dalbey.org