[pct-l] affording a thru-hike

Suge wrote:

> But, to suggest that a certain life style is closed off to those who have
a stable job is, I suggest, untrue.

As a retired college prof who accomplished the Triple Crown in
carefully-planned summer section hikes, I'll second that.   24 years of
hiking every summer ain't bad - to use the vernacular.  I think it's great
that folks can work part of a year and then hike on their savings,
especially when young.  But I haven't heard much talk of two realities.  At
some point, concern for consistent health insurance coverage and retirement
financial planning has to kick in.  Their importance looms larger with age.

Now if you're lucky enough to have incredibly supportive wealthy parents, be
very quiet about it.  I don't wanna hear about it.

Dr.  Bob