[pct-l] Affording a thru-hike

Living your dreams, whether it be a thru-hike, a section hike or, in my case, escaping prison, is simply as Yogi has said: it's all about choices. And you make those choices. People tend to lay their blame on things outside themselves (not enough money or education or contacts or intelligence or good looks, etc) and therefore, have trapped themselves. The decisions in life stem from inside one person and one person only. Affording a thru-hike is not about money or time, it's simply another of life's choices. (A very wise one, I might add.) To paraphrase JFK, "ask not how to afford a thru-hike, but how you cannot afford one!" Two years have passed since I completed my big hike and not a single day goes by without me wanting to be back out there. As Strider has said, it's a curse, and it will haunt you forever. There's a reason for this, and I'm willing to bet that if you asked past any past thru-hiker or adventurer, they'd share the same reason; because it was an 'unbelievable'
 experience, and one worth having done, or doing again. Break down the walls that hold you back, because they are imprisonment. And your life sentence moves pretty quickly! Seize the day, work nights!

He not busy being born is busy dying.