[pct-l] Start date for '05 thru hike...

This is my first posting to this board and I have a few questions
concerning my start date for a thru hike of the PCT in '05. I had
originally planned a start date of May 1, with the idea to hit KM in
the middle of June. After reading about the ADZPCTKO, I was thinking of
hiking into it on Friday night, and staying Saturday, and continuing on
to the Laguna's on Sunday morning. However, I have read that it may be
best to avoid "the wave" of hikers leaving the ADZPCTKO at the same
time. I was even considering leaving the Tuesday before the ADZPCTKO
reach the Laguna's on Friday, and go to the ADZPCTKO on Saturday, and
then getting a ride back to the Laguna's and continuing from there on
Sunday to avoid the mass exodus from the ADZPCTKO. Since I live in San
Diego, it will not be a problem for me to arrange a pick up and return
ride. Does anybody have any thoughts on this? I thought the ADZPCTKO
would be fun to attend, meet other hikers, get the latest information
on trail conditions, and get pumped up about the next 5 months. Since I
am finalizing my schedule for my 2005 thru hike, any advice you could
give me would be most appreciated.

regards,

Terry Thompson