[pct-l] bivy sack

They suck.

Too small for gear,
cant sit up
even the vestibule does not help
not that water-resistant
sure sales people are great about them..but ask just one
of them if they have taken a MONTH trip in them...doubt it..
I took my $200 one back, read them the riot act and they
gave my money back...Outdoor Researh was the brand..topof the line..
still sucks
Id go with a tarp ANY DAY over the BS! hey bivy sack = bs...
biggest crok going...

At 03:23 PM 9/6/2004 -0700, Andrew wrote:
>Hey all,
>
>I'm about to purchase my first bivy and would appreciate some feedback from
anyone having personal eperiences using bivys on long trips. All the sales
people I talk to tell me that they are great, I appreciate their expert
advise however I understand the world of sales. I have always used tents
and/or tarps while on the trail. My big concern with the bivy sleeping
system is condensation on the inside of the bivy (I'll probably buy one with
a head dome).