[pct-l] Re: Southbound from Stevens Pass to Snoqualmie Pass

Inaki wrote:

I don't mean to criticize anybody, I just wonder what's in their minds
when they take that decision.

I hiked Wa section I (White Pass to Snoqualmie Pass) last week, and of
the four thru-hikers I met, all of them had mid-September deadlines that
they were trying to beat.  I didn't ask if they were planning to
road-walk around the reroute or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if they
did since the difficulty of the reroute is an unknown quantity and trail
rumors have been flying about how hard it is.  In their minds, it might
mean the difference between getting to Manning or being forced to stop
short.

Just one possibility.

Eric